As part of the leisure industry, attractions also have a role to play in a more sustainable approach to the running their activities. The criteria for attractions follow the same model as the ones for hotels and campsites.
Green Key programme rests on 5 pillars:
• Educationof staff, clients and ownerstowards increased sustainable development and environmental awareness in leisure establishments;
• Environmental preservation by the reduction of the environmental impact of eachestablishment in the world scene
• Economical management by the reduction of consumption meaning a reduction of costs;
• Marketing strategy by the promotion of the Green Key label and the establishments using the Green Key icon;
• Strengthening of the tourism and leisure branch by taking responsibility broader than then their individual establishments.