As a part of the leisure industry, campsites are also concerned about green management. From the beginning of the award, Green Key has been used as a great tool for Campsites to build their green management policies.
With adapted criteria to their own system, the campsites are highly involved in the process.
The philosophy is the same as the hotel´s.
Green Key Programme rests on 5 pillars:
• Educationof staff, clients and ownerstowards increased sustainable development and environmental awareness in leisure establishments;
• Environmental preservation by the reduction of the environmental impact of eachestablishment in the world scene
• Economical management by the reduction of consumption meaning a reduction of costs;
• Marketing strategy by the promotion of the Green Key label and the establishments using the Green Key icon;
• Strengthening of the tourism and leisure branch by taking responsibility broader than then their individual establishments.