Positive effects of responsible tourism are a major benefit for the environment.
Green Key Programme rests on 5 pillars:
• Education of staff, clients and owners towards increased sustainable development and environmental awareness in leisure establishments;
• Environmental preservation by the reduction of the environmental impact of eachestablishment in the world scene
• Economical management by the reduction of consumption meaning a reduction of costs;
• Marketing strategy by the promotion of the Green Key label and the establishments using the Green Key icon;
• Strengthening of the tourism and leisure branch by taking responsibility broader than then their individual establishments.
Getting awarded with Green Key means that an establishment has fulfilled a list of requirements. These requirements are contained in imperative and guideline criteria.
International Baseline Criteria Hotels